Audit Staff Accountant – CPA Firm – New York, NY
Regional CPA firm seeking a CPA, or CPA candidate, with three or more years public accounting experience. Candidate should possess both tax and audit/accounting skills. Candidate should have strong communication skills and needs to be self-driven and self-motivated. Opportunity for growth, as the firm is looking for a person who can become a principal with the firm in the near future.
- Prepare individual and business federal and state tax returns
- Assist with tax planning and projection
- Tax research
- Prepare financial statements according to GAAP
- Coordinate field work on audits- mostly local travel
- Assist with training & support of junior tax accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in tax or audit, preferably both but not necessary
- CPA earned or in-progress
- Ability to manage deadlines, priorities and own schedule
Entertainment Business Managment Account Manager – New York, NY
Bi-Coastal Entertainment Business Management Firm is currently searching for a superstar Account Executive/Manager
Performs day-to-day full-charge bookkeeping functions for entertainment industry clients including actors, producers, directors, sports stars and recording artists:
- Performs the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly bookkeeping activities of the assigned “basic” client
- Identify and help solve engagement (job) technical issues, anomalies, non-routine items
- Conducts self in a professional manner related to all client communications and interactions
- Conducts self in a professional manner related to all engagement team communications and interactions
- Receives, enters, approves, and, when necessary, investigates client’s accounts payable invoices.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts.
- Handles client mail.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and managers/partners.
- Deposits accounts receivables into client bank accounts.
- Handles client payroll.
- Books journal entries
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation.
- Generates 1099’s and W-2’s for clients.
Nonessential Functions:· Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountants or partners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Datafaction and QuickBooks Online is strongly preferred
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions, Payroll returns, Business tax license, Secretary of State filing and State Board of Equalization
Senior Tax Accountant – CPA Firm – New York City/Long Island/CT
A growing regional public accounting firm, seeks motivated Senior Tax Accountant with CPA license or Parts Passed to join their fast-paced tax team that respects work/life balance and rewards ability and achievement.
Responsibilities for a Senior Tax Accountant:
- Plan & perform engagements
- Prepare all types of tax returns and financial statements
- Understands the business environment and changes likely to impact clients
- Ability to anticipate client questions and is prepared to respond with practical solutions than can be implemented
- Identify and communicate suggested improvements in clients’ internal controls and business processes
- Effectively communicate with clients and respond in a timely manner
- Complete assigned tasks timely and accurately
- Understands and meets Firm productivity expectations
- Train and develop staff accountants
- Participate in recruitment of new & experienced staff
- Attend professional development & networking events
- Participate in billing process
- Act as a positive ambassador for the firm in public settings
- Delegate work in order to utilize resources effectively
Requirements for a Senior Tax Accountant:
- CPA license or Parts Passed
- 2 years Public Accounting experience preparing tax returns
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related area
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong oral & written communication skills, effective listening skills
- Effective analytical & problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical and technical skills in area of concentration
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Tax Director – High Net Worth Returns – New York City
A national CPA firm located in New York City is seeking a self-motivated and experienced Tax professional, with a strong HNW background, for a promising Director role on their staff. In this role, the HNW Tax Director will utilize their technical tax, analytical, operational, management, and client service skills to complete tasks.
The HNW Tax Director will:
- Manage multiple sophisticated client engagements for high net worth individuals and family groups
- Review complex individual tax returns and related fiduciary, partnership, corporate, and foundation returns
- Direct communication with clients and their advisors
- Strategize with Partners regarding tax planning
- Give clients recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals
- Assist in identifying opportunities for growth
- Research and resolution of tax issues and notices
- Work closely with staff and senior management to mentor, train, supervise, and evaluate staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of recent or current tax experience servicing HNW / Family Office clients
- Demonstrated tax compliance knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Strong supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Master’s degree in Accounting and/or Taxation